my period date is 14th but i had dog bite on 10th and i taken the rabbies injection on 11th and 15th. on 17th i came to know iam pregnent. Will it affect my baby?

Bhagya743

Asked by Bhagya743 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YOu need to call you ob and the doctor in charge of your treatments asap. No one will be able to answer that for sure except them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Your baby should be fine. There is no connection between the vaccine and fetal development. Tell your doctor about it anyway.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• They will not vaccinate a pregnant dog or even a pregnant vet! Treatment is totally different than a vax. Call your doctor NOW!
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy is not a contraindication to postexposure use of this vaccine because risks of inadequately treated rabies exposure clearly outweigh risks of fetal abnormalities based on limited data; preexposure prophylaxis may also be indicated in pregnancy; however, if risk of rabies is substantial and removal of pregnant woman from high-risk area is feasible, this may be preferred
    Anonymous

• I would check with the doc....but I was told that there is a two week period after conception that the baby is safe from medications while its implating in your uterus. but I'm no expert....
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You should ask your doctor
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 5:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010