• In the Spotlight:

out of experience, when is the best time to have another baby?

my husband is getting out of the army but he has 3 job offers already .soo we will be okay .."okay" financially then .. soo my son is 1 year and 2 months old ..soo when should or would you have another?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sounds like a good time to me. I know some people don't like having them close in age. It is hard when they are small. I have an 8, 10 and 12 year old. To me the trouble is worth it when they are older. Sometimes I forget my kids are actually siblings, they get along really well.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have 4 kids....two oldest at two years apart and the last two were 6 years. To me...they are all close, but it is better when they are closer in age. I have an 18, 16, 9 and 3 y/o.....There's pros and cons to both though....You have more time with the little ones when the others are in school. The younger ones learn a LOT from the older ones. But...if you wait too long, to me, it's like I kept starting all over, lol...I would rather have a house full of babies, or school kids or teens....everyone would be on the same page that way. The way it is now, such a variety of things with all the different ages...I am happy with my kids and family, just sharing my personal experience :)
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 1:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I had my 2 3 years and 4 months apart. I kind wish they were closer to 4 years apart! I have a co-worker who had 3 kids in 4 years. Se wouldn't have it any other way...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have done the 2 under 2 thing and then there is 5.5 yrs between 2 &3. They both have pros and cons. The nice thing for #3 was he got siblings evenings, weekends and vacation and all of my attention during the day. Now they are all in school and I get some quiet during the day. They older 2 are 20 months apart, the best of friends and the worst of enemies, but in the end they love each other greatly.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• When he's been at work long enough for health coverage. Unless you already have some kind of insurace then I would say whenever you are ready.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Personally, I would wait a little bit longer... maybe till he is two, and you definately were sure of being financially stable....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 10:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2010