Would you buy a used wedding dress?

Hi!

I am the founder of BravoBride.com, a wedding resale site (http://www.bravobride.com) and I was wondering how many Mom's out there did buy a used wedding dress or would consider buying one?

Thanks!

BravoBride

Asked by BravoBride at 2:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I considered buying one, but did not. It was a very cool "hippie" wedding dress, very ethereal & absolutely gorgeous. Something a fairy princess would marry in. I actually met the lady here on CM. I ended up not getting it, but i was VERY close. The dress was all the right sizes for me, but i just couldn't buy it without trying it on first. I should have bought it, she was selling to me for like $25 bucks & that was it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Would I? NO. But as a planner, I suggest brides who are looking to save some money do just that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i did off ebay
    got for 80 dollars
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thanks samurai_chica & SabrinaMBowen for your comments! It is a really great way to save money. I find that most gowns are practically brand new again if they have been cleaned and taken care of well.
    BravoBride

Comment by BravoBride (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I did. There was a resale wedding store in my city. I found the perfect dress for a total of $300. And 16 years later I still love it. It isn't hugely dated like some of my friends' who have said "what was I thinking?!"
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would. I find it ridiculous to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for something you wear for one day.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Certainly, I would go for it.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 2:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I definitely would have! Good luck to you and your business!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Looking back I think I would but not off line. I would need to try it on and see it.

christinato

Answer by christinato at 3:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I bought mine off craigslist. I knew I would be big and pregnant on my wedding day and I didn't want to spend a fortune on a maternity wedding gown. It was $40. I'm wearing it in profile pic.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010