quick question

have any of all had doctors tell you about shots that can make you last longer if you have early labor ive had both of my boys at 36 weeks and they want my pregnancy to last longer this time my question is if it hurts alot and how many times did you have to get the shot plus i have diff blood types then my babies so i already get shots for that also and its worth it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know that if you are having contraction and your water hasn't broke then there are medications they can give you that MAY stop your labor, but if your water breaks then you are going to have that baby. But I stress may because the meds don't always work. Sometimes it is just time. good luck
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Wow...I have never heard of a shot that makes your pregnancy last longer, and I have had 2 of my 5 children at 35and 37weeks. I was never told that I needed shots to make the pregnancy last longer. Has your doctor given you any real information about these shots??? What about bedrest. I went into preterm labor with my second child, given my history with having preterm labor and the my first baby at 35 weeks my dr. just put me on bedrest and I also took a oral medicaiton to stop me from contracting. That worked for me. I stayed pregnanat with him until I was 38 1/2 weeks.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• There is a shot they can give you in the ER that can stop labor if your water doesn't break or your sooner than 36 weeks. if your later than 36 weeks or your water breaks they wont give it you. it's not something you can just get you have to be in preterm labor....They gave it to me when I pretermed with my first son....I think it was called tributiline or something like that....they referred to it as turbs...I could be wrong it was 10 years ago.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010