• In the Spotlight:

Anybody use Photo Shop program for editing photos?

I love taking pictures and have a really nice SLR camera, now I just need a good editing program. I have been using Photo bucket and some others online but I think I need a program. Suggestions? Several people have recommended the Photo Shop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Photoshop does the most.

It is an Adobe program, so like everything else they make there is no in-suite help, it's extremely expensive, the only people allowed to teach it have to be certified by them which makes the courses really expensive (although you'll find a lot of online tutorials by folks), it is a RAM hog and readily overloads all but the most over-built computer systems, and it's competitors are only a couple of years behind with better contextual help and tutorials.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're doing commercial photography. Corel Photo House is great, and does nearly as much for 10% of the cost. With the added bonus of not shutting down your whole computer every time it tries to do something other than dedicated editing (like receiving an email in the background).

The online Picasa is an excellent program, at about $100 to use the full editor, I think.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Download GIMP. It's like Photoshop, but it's free.

http://www.gimp.org
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I really like paint.net It's a program that you just find online, and download it.
    dohrmom_2010

Answer by dohrmom_2010 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I use photoshop elements.  It has all the stuff you need without the $700 pricetag of the full Photoshop (elements is like $99 but you can find it cheaper some places).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010