Sweating?

I never understood the concept of sweating. I know the experts say that it is the body's natural way of cooling off when you are hot. But, I never feel like I am cool when I am sweating. Sweating only makes me feel hotter, sticky, and nasty. So, what is the big deal? What is the purpose of sweating if it only makes you feel nasty and hot?

Nicollynne

Asked by Nicollynne at 3:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Health

• this should answer your questions of what is the purpose of sweating

Article of the Week

Purpose of sweat. The body is like an engine that never stops running and like all engines, it produces heat. The more the muscles contract (like during ...
    www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/053105.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• if youre outside and ur sweating...and the wind blows a little bit.....it cools you off ALOT more then if you werent sweating....so it does cool you off some....you just dont always notice i guess
    prd2b_calledmom

Answer by prd2b_calledmom at 3:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It feels great to me when I'm outside and sweaty, and the breeze is blowing just right. I feel gross whenever I sweat but it really does help cool your body off. If your sitting inside the hot house with no air movement, that's different. It's just a natural reaction your body has :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• when you are sweating its because your blood is flowing a bit closer to your skin to deliver water to cool you off from the inside.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• it lets out all your toxins
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It's the sweat evaporating that cools you off.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2008