Have you ever used an at home wax kit? How well did it work?

Mommy2Max217

Asked by Mommy2Max217 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• For my eyebrows, yes, and it worked okay. I like Sally Hansen wax strips better.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I tried it a few years ago and it didn't work at, maybe I just bought the wrong stuff
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I just don't trust myself enough to do it. I usually go get mine waxed once a month, and tweeze in between.
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 3:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• A few years ago.....and I messed it up real bad!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have bought 2 wax kits: one from Sally Beauty Supply (Honey something) and the other started with an "M" (Marzella, maybe?). I used them for my legs and for the part of above the lip and between the eyebrows. The SBS kit had cotton strips and a tub of wax with sticks to apply. The "M" one was a roller-type mechanism with a purple top and thin cotton strips. The one from Sally wasn't too bad, but still a bit messy. The "M" one was okay initially, then the container holding the wax began to leak. I had 2 and the second one hasn't leaked too badly, but it is annoying. It was also a little harder to get it heated to a nice temperature in order to roll it on (that mechanism didn't work that well, either). I have used the SBS one and don't intend to repurchase and the "M" one has some left--don't intend to buy again. To me, they take more time trying to not be messy when applying, so I don't use wax removal kits, anymore.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 9:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• oooh...that question just scared me. lol I can only imagin what damage my sister and I would do...lool
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i have tried several NONE of them worked. leave it to the pros its not worth the pain
    Babybear89

Answer by Babybear89 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2010