I have am choosing to have a c-section

and i wanted to know cause i am choosing to have one will they induce me at 40 weeks?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you've scheduled a c-section, then why would they induce you? I'm not sure what your question is.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I will probably be before 40 weeks (as soon as they feel the baby is ready)

You will probably have some nasty answers from some moms!
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• sorry i ment to say will they want me to go in as early as 40 weeks insted of waiting 41 or 42 weeks? and yea(robinalbright) i know but they i can care less this is MY baby i am having not there's =)
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have to have 1
    I have 2 things to say i'm not bashing cause i have to do it.
    1) Why do you want one? They are so hard after you come home.
    2) When they do mine it will be around 38wk you will probably be scheduled for one then too. If your not having your baby vaginally they wont make you wait that long.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• They usually do c-sections at 38 or 39 weeks so you don't go into labor.... I'm going on my third. Don't let people get you down about what you choose to do with the pregnancy. Just know that most OB's will take you around that time. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i already went through a c-section with my 1st child and i am having it with this on cuz i told my OB that i heard i have a 50/50 chance to have him vaginaly but he said it was a smaller chance and plus my SO has a job that makes it so hard just to call out and stuff so if we have a date he can give a notice.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would assume that they would do the c-section at 40 weeks if not before. I have no personal experience, but I had a friend that opted for a c-section and they did it on her due date.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thanks AshJoe5 i really don't let ppl get to me cuz i am a strong woman =)
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ok they def. aren't going to wait until 40 weeks if you have already had one! Like I said before, it should happen at 38 or 39 weeks. That's what they are doing for mine. I know a lot of people try VBAC but I stuck with c-section after my first, I just didn't want to take the risks.... But they still don't want you to go into labor, full term is 37 weeks technically... SO they will take it anytime after that, usually not waiting until 40. Good luck!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• well i am kinda hoping he will wait untill 40 weeks (which he might) cuz the last time we saw my baby he was 1 week underweight=(
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008