OB

So we currently have an OB. But I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with her. I was having round ligament pain (confirmed by the emergency room) and she stated that I might be having a miscarriage and freaked me the heck out. Well I have another appointment with her on the 15th of December. But I also have an appointment with another OB that was made a while ago (and I can't bring myself to cancel it) on the 17th of December.
If you had an OB that was nice in person and has redeemed herself in your eyes would you let what they said previously go or would you change OB's? I'm confused? And she doesn't explain things very well either which bothers me.
What should I do or what would you do????

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Switch.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would go with the one who treats me with respect and is not a bitch and also the one I can understand.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would do what you think is best. Having a baby is important and you want a doctor you are comfortable with. I mean you will be seeing them a lot. I had good ones that were there for me and there whenever I called. Go with your heart on this one and find you like.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I personally like the OB that I haven't seen yet. I know when I call them they are very understanding (which this is my first pregnancy I freak out about every little thing). I went to the office to pick up something's from them and everyone that I saw in the office was very nice. When I call the current OB office (which sadly enough is my family doctor's office) they tell me to go to the emergency room. In the last 3 weeks of finding out that I am pregnant we have been to the emergency room about 5 times. They know me on a first name basis which is crazy. I want someone who will answer the question and answer it honestly over the phone. I actually called the 1st OB after the current one told me that I had lost the baby and said why are they telling me this? And they just like the emergency room said that they didn't know or understand why they would do that!!!
    lc20101782

Comment by lc20101782 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would keep your second appointment. If you are not comfortable with her, and you just do not get good vibes from her, find someone you click with! You do not want to have to go to every OB appointment DREADING it! I had a similar thing happen. Mu OB of 10 years took a job 2 states away, and I had to find a new one. My physician recommended someone, and I made an appointment. My first appointment was with the nurse to do all the paperwork, and ask all the questions, when they scheduled my next appointment, they scheduled it with the NEW OB doctor that was FRESH out of college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up seeing the recommended doctor for an emergent appointment, and asked him if he could and would be my primary, because I was SOO freaked out about having a new OBGYN. He is super nice, and really awesome, and explained everything very well!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 6:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010