why does my almost 3 year old point with her middle finger? she also has her thumb sticking out why she points and it looks like she is flippen you off

it is kinda funny because she doesn't realize what she is doing lol. If she points with her one hand (I think her left hand) she will actually point with her first finger and no thumb, but when she points with her right hand she uses her middle finger and her thumb it is almost like she doesn't know how to point with that hand. Should I correct her for it or not say anything? Also she loves Dora so she is always saying swipper no swipping then says awww man. And if you know that show when he says awww man he uses his thumb and first finger and almost like clicks his fingers so she does that and it looks like she is flippen you off lol. Why does she do this and should I correct her? She will be 3 in January

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's just what feels natural to her. You could show her and say most people do it like this, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, you might encourage her.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ya that is what I thought and my kids if they think they are getting attention out of it they will keep doing it and thinking it is funny. Thanks
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My mom says I used to push up my glasses with my middle finger. I got glasses when I was 4 and apparently a lot of people thought I was a very disrespectful 4 year old!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010