I have medicaid and I need to see a psychiatrist.

How many different psychiatrists could I see during one month? I live in New York. I don't want to pay for my visits.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• My son was a loud one eval. by a phsycologist and he could re eval.ed in 6 months to a year. Call and ask.
    Anonymous

• Call your case worker if you have access to a phone most likely they would know.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• What would be the purpose of seeing different psychiatrists in one month?

Medicaid covers 20 psychiatriac visits per calendar year. After 20 visits, you're not covered until the next year. Psychiatrists will schedule client visits based on the diagnosis and treatment plan.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i guess i would think that normally you would want to see the same DRmore than once... so i'm not sure what your question is? i have regular insurance and i know mine won't pay for me to see multiple dr's for no good reason.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010