how has anyone handled undisciplined, disrespectful step-children??????

my sons are grown, my mate is older than i, and the 2 boys are 12 and 14----i'm really having a difficult time understanding the behavior of these children, and why the biological parents, fingerpoint .for instance, he acts like that because... or this one acts like this because...this one is violent not because of the violent games purchased, it's because...believe me, i raised two boys by myself, and at times it was no pic nic,and nowhere perfect, but they respected their elders-could someone give me feedback please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I would tell my husband his kids are not alowed to come over and stay unless he,the father is always their..I would not let him DUMP them off on me..When they are their go in your room and get away from them..They are his responcability

Answer by louise2 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well, being that they aren't YOUR children let your hubby handle it.. IF you try to do ANY discipline it will just cause problems between you and your hubby.. I know its gotta be hard.. BUT your fighting a losing battle... Good luck.
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you're both so right--i thank you for your answers----
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have to agree I had some difficulty.Due to the fact I was trying to play mom.Well you arent the mom.The real parents are passing blame an excuses on to the children to use for this behavior.If you want to keep your own relationship, I suggest you back off an be [friend,As step children they have been allowed an the parents make excuses for it.Come on how can you change it you cant. BUt you can change how they treat you.I wouldnt let them come unless my husband was there to care for them.SO you dont get accused of some thing.Also Make them understand no you arent thier mom an they wont treat you this way or they dont have to come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2008