Old Tales tell me yours

So last night I came across something that was an old wise tale that said if you take a penny and lick it and stick it to the wall it can determine what sex of baby you are having. So I tried it. No I did not lick a dirty penny I actually just spit on it and then stuck it the wall. The theory is if it stays on the wall you are having a girl and if it falls you are having a boy. Our penny stuck to the wall until I actually knocked it off the wall. LOL.
Another old wise tale I heard was you have someone hold your arms in the air. Then they ask you are you having a boy? And drop. Then are you having a girl? And drop. Which we tried this one also but neither of my arms hit my side like they were supposed to so I have no idea what that means. LOL.
Are there any other tales you have heard that can predict the babies gender? I like to read about them and try them since I won't find out the gender for quite a while. It's just good old fashioned fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aww lol :) heres a bump !!!!!!!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well, almost all of them have proven to have no validity behind them, but I did read one that said that if you crave salty/savory foods, it's a boy, and if you crave sweets, it's a girl. I craved salty things, and I had a boy! The Chinese gender prediction thing was also right for me and my friend.

One that has been proven to have some substance scientifically is the one about heartburn and your baby having hair. Something is produced while your baby is growing hair that can increase heartburn. I had HORRIBLE heartburn and my son was born with a TON of hair. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The whole ring-on-a-string thing, but I never did it. The chinese conception/gender chart was right for my daughter. I'm wondering if it will be right this time around...(I haven't got a BFP yet but period is 10 days late and I certainly FEEL pregnant) It says I'll have a boy.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The ring test! You take your wedding band (or a ring you wear often) and tie it to a 12 inch piece of string (some people say to use a strand of your hair...) Have SO hold the ring an inch above your belly, REALLY STILL. If the ring goes in circles, it is a boy. If the ring goes back and forth, it is a girl. I did this with my first two, and it was right. This time it says I am having a girl, but I will not find out for 4 months!!! AHHH! I am SOO impatient!!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2010