Which e reader is the best?

DH went ahead and told me he was planning on getting me one for xmas. He wanted to make sure it was something I would use. I love to read and he hates having books laying around so it would solve his complaining. LOL.

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Technology

• I'm in the same boat trying to buy one for my daughter...even posted a question about it and I just found this:

http://ebook-reader-review.toptenreviews.com/
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thanks SHL for those reviews. I was at Barnes and Noble this morning and it was the first time I had the opportunity to play with any e-reader! I liked the Nook very much and I see the review posted does not include the most current Nook version (I'm not trying to do a commercial, I'm just saying...) I can NOT make up my mind if I even want one. It seems strange to me to think about going WITHOUT a book. I guess it's just that it is new and I am old.....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have been looking at the eraders also and have heard great things about the new nook color has some features no one else does. Then I found out I can download nook on my android phone, so I am trying that fist .
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• According to Consumer Reports, the Kindle outranks the Nook. I will be getting the Kindle.

Emptynstr...you can also download Kindle on your phone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• my sister in law has had both a nook and a kindle, and she says her ipad is the best - because she can get all the same books plus more, and she has so much more available with her ipad. i think she is crazy for having all 3, and i really do not ever want any of them, but she was telling me all about it a while back.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 5:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I LOVE my Kindle. My version has both 3G and WiFi, and I have downloaded books in seconds from all over the world. I can't say enough good things about how easy it is to navigate, and the screen is so easy to read from. I would never get the iPad as an e-reader, the screen has a lot of glare, it's back lit, and it's significantly bigger than the Kindle. You can also get the Kindle app for just about any electronic device you can think of, so you can share books.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010