Do you have a webcam for a laptop?

Which brand is your favorite? Is there a brand you stay away from?

I have a Toshiba laptop (my mom gave me a laptop that was collecting dust at her house). There isn't a built-in webcam. If I had to guess how old the laptop is, I'd say at least 3-4 years old; it runs XP.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 3:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Technology

• I have one built in to my laptop but I've never used it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• IDK..for my laptop I have a Logitech. It was cheap, and it works great.
    I use it to talk with my family back home, and since I don't get to see them much- its nice to have.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My laptop came with one, but I had hubby disable it. I don't have a use for it and don't want anyone watching into our lives.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No one would be "looking into" your lives unless you don't have firewalls. If your home has firewalls and a protected wifi, only super hackers would be able to hack into it. Besides, are you on your laptop long enough for someone to get a really big glimpse in your life? Normally, webcams (whether they're internal or external) have to be turned on (you would need another program running) for anyone to really see you. If you have firewalls, a protected wifi, as well as not having the webcam program open, you have nothing to worry about.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010