DIAPER RASHES(ughhh)

Both of my sons always and I mean always have diaper rashes. My 2 year old gets them on his butt cheeks and that is it and my newborn gets them in the crack and around his wee-wee (lol) and it is driving me crazy! They both pee so much through the night that when they wake up in the morning I have to change all the bed clothes. Could this be the reason it is happening? I think with the newborn it is because he has thrush because I used a mixture of monistat and aquaphor and it cleared it right up but it came back again!

proudmama_2boys

Asked by proudmama_2boys at 10:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, my Pediatrician said that my DD will have frequent rashes b/c she is such a heavy wetter. Right now I'm trying to keep cream on her at every diaper change whether she has a rash or not to help prevent them.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I know that the bordaux (spelling?) butt paste works the best for my son my doc said to put that on every night before bed just as a prevenative and I can put vasaline on top of the butt paste for extra protection. Hope that helps
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 11:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If baby is getting a lot of rashes due to wetting constantly.. and while rash cream is good.. it can become expensive at every diaper change.
    One of my nurses told me that if there was no rash (or as soon as you get it cleared up) start using vaseliine. It creates a barrier to help protect their skin.
    You may also want to try different brands of diapers - some are more absorbant, and may help keep the pee from laying on their skin.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would try changing diaper brands. Make sure to lather on the vasaline or A&D ointment at night and with each diaper change. You can also let them go with a diaper durning the day-they will help heal the rash they have now. Good luck-i know diaper rash can be so frustrating.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree about changing diaper brands. I don't know which kind you use, I use Huggies Supreme and they are extra absorbent. We had a problem with diaper rash at first and I was using Pampers which kept her wet and didn't wick the moisture away from her. Almost as soon as we switched brands the rash went away. You can get coupons for diapers from Huggies as well if you sign up at their website. Every little bit helps.Also Budreaux's Butt Paste is Highly reccommended my my pediatrician as well as tripple paste for barrier creams.
    Frenchie3320

Answer by Frenchie3320 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thank you all for your answers.....my newborn is using luvs (i have always disliked them but i got like a thousand bags of them at my baby showers) and my son is using a target brand diaper which i am going to change here soon because when he was using huggies he didnt get rashes but diapers are so freaking expensive but my babies being in pain has got to stop even if i have to spend my last dime on better diapers lol
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 4:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• When my baby gets a diaper rash, only a couple times thank goodness, I didn't use wipes to clean him. I used a wet washcloth. I found the A&D diaper rash cream worked best, because the zinc is highest in that. Mine also had that diaper rash when he was just new born then when the thrush worked through him as well. But my mum told me to use wash clothes not wipes because they aren't harsh on them, water is always best!!! Oh yeah, and we also put a little corn starch on them. Never used baby powder....that's too harsh. The corn startch alone worked best.....just like a small tea-spoon.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It could be the diaper brand. I have found that with diapers my kids do get rashes with them. I'm a huggies mom and have used them on all my kids and they have hardly ever had rashes.
    5forjulie

Answer by 5forjulie at 12:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009