Payoff?

GM's union raked in the dough from the GM stock sale doing far better than investors and taxpayers.

The boon for the union fits the pattern established when the White House pushed GM into bankruptcy and steered it through the courts in a way that consistently put the interests of the union ahead of many suppliers, dealers and investors — stakeholders that ordinarily would have fared as well or better under the bankruptcy laws.

"Priority one was serving the interests of the UAW" when the White House's auto task force engineered the bankruptcy, said Glenn Reynolds, an analyst at CreditSights. The stock offering served to show once again how the White House has handsomely rewarded its political allies, he said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/25/gms-union-on-road-to-recovery-after-stock-sale/

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What gets me is that people actually bought the new stock! What a rip off! It's all good though because the unions are getting paid for stealing..ummmm I mean buying an election.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• all good though because the unions are getting paid for stealing..ummmm I mean buying an election.

Answer by yourspecialkid 3 hours ag
    --------------------------------------
    Stealing/buying an election? LOL. I hope you are not really thinking that McCain and Palin would have won? Should have won? HAhahaha......wow.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• --------------------------------------
    Stealing/buying an election? LOL. I hope you are not really thinking that McCain and Palin would have won? Should have won? HAhahaha......wow

You should see if your dr will up your meds.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• NO doubt, THIS>>>YSK...What gets me is that people actually bought the new stock! What a rip off! It's all good though because the unions are getting paid for stealing..ummmm I mean buying an election.

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

Comment by Carpy (original poster) an hour
    ---------------------------
    Way to dodge the question. AGain. ARe you avoiding the truth? The truth that neither McCain or Palin had what it takes? You just don't want to answer do you.
    .....sigh.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Wow gert, you may need a few extra sandwiches for your picnic but even you should grasp this. First of all, I didn't say anything about McCain or Palin. Second of all, do you HONESTLY believe elections are not bought......or just that wonder boy was too dumb to do it?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The truth that neither McCain or Palin had what it takes? You just don't want to answer do you.

If it would make you happy gerpieluanon. YES they would have had FAR more of what it takes. Not that hard to figure out.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

Answer by yourspecialkid 35
    ----------------------
    Guess what....when Crapy suggested that the election was bought, it just means that she resents that Obama won, is suggesting his win was "bought" and that she would prefer to see McCain and Palin winning.....you too,I imagine.
    I did mention this because of the obvious bias and prejudice involved with this particular question.
    If it makes you happy to insult me, go ahead and have some fun with it.
    Your insults are really a compliment. If you get it,...which I am sure you don't.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Gerpie you REALLY need to look up now and then.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Guess what....when Crapy suggested that the election was bought, it just means that she resents that Obama won, is suggesting his win was "bought" and that she would prefer to see McCain and Palin winning.....you too,I imagine.

You threw out the first insults as usual.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010