52 books for my 10mo old for christmas?

I would really like to start a tradition that my son gets 52 books for Christmas each year, so 'he can have a new adventure each week'. But I am really low on money this year since I haven't work since his birth in January. Would it be 'ok' to buy him used books this year?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would try e-bay and look at the lots of books. Some contain about 50 books and you pay one price for them all, and usually, you can get some great deals! I've actually sold book lots before myself!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Dollar Tree?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Absolutely! He's 10 months old, he doesn't know the difference. Even if he did, there is NOTHING wrong with secondhand books. I have hundreds and hundreds of books and at least half of them are secondhand. It's a GREAT way to get books. Shop fleamarkets, yardsales, and specifically used book stores. As long as it's not missing pages and not falling apart, there's nothing at all wrong with a used book. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No, they have 52 bedtime stories or 52 prayers ect--books set up where you read a story a day
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 4:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Wow. At 10 months I would just be going to the library each week! If you want to buy them then of course make them used.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 4:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• THANK YOU !!! I just bought 52 books for under $20 on ebay!!!!!
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Guess i didn't read that question very well eh? Yeah, he wouldn't know the difference between new and second hand at that age.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure how old he is, but I don't see anything wrong with used books. I found a really nice second-handcopy of children's nursery rhymes and gave that to my sister-in-law for her baby to be last christmas. It was a hit. You could also buy anthologies (reader's digest can be good for this type of thing.) Lots of books put together into one. The Chronicles of Narnia in one volume could take you 7 weeks to read. I'm sure your son will enjoy that. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010