How do I handle this?

My 3 year old daughter is fond of removing her panties and spread her legs wide. I have actually seen her on several occasions touching herself intimately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell her to do that in her room or the bathroom only.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Explain to here that those are private areas and she shouldn't show them off to other people.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 4:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• you need to talk to her explain, their is nothing wrong with taking cloth off in bathroom(ect) but not in livingroom or poublic- same with touching , you can do it in bathroom but not in public-Id also talk to her make sure its just age and not something she seen
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 4:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Time to explain to her what is done in privacy.

Don't make her feel ashamed of her body (it can cause problems later), just make her realize that those areas should only be seen in the privacy of her own room/bathroom and by certain people...mom, dad, doctor...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My 2 year old does that. I just tell her to get her hand out of her coochee, it's icky. Not in a mean way, I say it playfully and tell her she's silly, put her underwear on, and tickle her. now if I pick her up (Like I have done since she was a newborn) with one hand cupped between her legs, she tells me to get my hand out of her coochee. LOL. She does the same thing to me if I so much as scratch myself ("No hand coochee! Icky!") Your girl is just curious about her stuff, not actually trying to do anything.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would want to know where she got the idea to do this. What has she seen that she shouldn't have? This is not normal behavior for 3-year olds.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2010