How to get rid of or help with the pain of a pinched nerve?

I am 23 weeks preggo and i am pretty sure the baby is sitting on some kind of nerve that is causing me alot of pain and has been for a while now. has anyone else had this problem or know someone who has had this problem and if so what did you do to relieve the pain? Thanks so much for all of your help!!!!!

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 4:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're early on enough that you can still go to a chiropractor, and that would be the best course of action, IMO.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• sciatic nerve if its your hip. I usually wear a heating pad or try to stay off your feet for a bit.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I went for prenatal massages to help.
    I wouldn't recommend a chiropractor if you haven't seen one before. the first an only time I went, all the muscles in my back contracted and I couldn't breathe. I wasn't pregnant at the time thankfully.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• id prefer not to have to go to any physician i guess i was asking for some natural home remedies.
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ice packs along your shoulders/ neck and along your lower back.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• a chiropractor will not give you any meds, just use gentle pressure to manipulate your bones back into place. there is no harm in seeing a chiropractor during pregnancy, from beginning to end. i saw one all the way through 3 of my pregnancies and it helped immensely. a chiropractor is not as expensive as a doctor either. there is little you can do at home besides massage or trying to get baby to move.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 5:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Where is the pain located? Do you have someone that could give you a massage? Do you have a chiropractor?
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010