stabbing pain in my vagina !!!

i am 38weeks pregnant okay so last night i woke up with cramps and a lil back pain, it went away after a few hours. but today i was walking my dog and out of nowhere i got stabbing pains in my vagina, i had to stop for a min, it kinda got alil easier but still sore as i got back to the house.what is the pain?

otoole

Asked by otoole at 4:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• THAT, my dear, is your LO headbutting your cervix. Oh my word that was the WORST part of pregnancy for me, lol. That was the only real complaint I ever had. At least yours has waited this long to start it :) Mine would punch, kick, or headbutt my cervix from about 20 weeks on. I know well that stabbing-in-vagina feeling.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Pressure. It will go away just as soon as you have the baby.

It is also a sign that baby has dropped.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• have you dilated yet?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ohh, agree with fluffybunny, worst part of pregnancy its so sharp afaid your gonna tinkle,
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• oh thank god you guys know know what i am talking about, its not a fun feeling at all. don't know if i have dilated yet as my doc hasn't cheacked yet, will prob do it on tuseday at my next appointment.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Oh!! I remember that! Totally normal... unfortunately ... or fortunately depending on how you look at it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• From the time that I was about 35 weeks pregnant and on, my boys would do something that felt like they were sticking a foot or hand out of my crotch! It was uncomfortable, and sort of painful! It is normal though. Good luck!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Its normal...when I was pregnant with my second I had those pains constantly!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010