No one will help me figure out what is wrong with me health wise , what would you do?

I've been to the same hospital 3 times with the last month and a half, Everytime they see my blood pressure getting really low, think 70/50, 110/50 etc I am overweight no where near under weight, the low blood pressure has affected my eyes,brain ( It is sometimes hard to even read sentences ) My vision gets really dim... I have already been eating and forgot that I was chewing food, and dropped it out of my mouth. I have also been holding something and just drop it. I am really scared, Something isn't right and I cannot get the hospital to take me seriously, this is the only place that it appears low because I am laying down for awhile, when I goto the family doctor its not low because I just sat down, same thing happened with a different ER. Something HAS to be done because my quality of life is being really effected. What else can I possibly do? Each day I feel as though I am losing more of myself, and no one will help me.

*I do have stomach pain that has been coming and going for awhile now, eating makes it better.
Soda makes it alot worse not sure if that has anything at all to do with what is going on**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• Have you had blood work & what have they found?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would go to a diff. doctor or er
    Anonymous

• The ER is not "going to fix it".. They will patch you up and send you to your primary provider.. I know it sucks but that is what ER's do. They are not for managing care, they are for managing and stabilizing and emergency.. Ask your family dr to order you a bp monitor for 24 hours along with a heart monitor.. If anything is wrong, it should pick it up.. Also and echo cardiogram might be something to look into.. If your BP is changing from a sitting, standing, lying position; it needs to be looked into... The 110/50 is not a bad BP but the low 70's and 80's are.

If your Dr is not taking you seriously, find someone else..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'd be switching family doctors if he didn't do tests

Answer by admckenzie at 5:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• you need a primary care physician, not the ER. Try to up your sodium intake, for now. Sodium will make your blood pressure go up.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Make him do the tests something is wrong do not let him write you off.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You may have a bleeding ulcer. You should see a gastroenterologist for a scope.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• well, your DR should be able to get the reports of your BP from the ER, and if they don't think it's an issue, then i would ASK to be sent somewhere else. you need to see a cardiologist ... i know i answered this same question in the past few days... my pressure is ALWAYS low... at 33 weeks preggers i can't even get to100/50! but... that's normal for me, i live with it, there is nothing but a high salt diet that can help.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Stop going to the ER and get a new doctor. NOW.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Get checked for diabetes.
    Anonymous