So is this mean? lol.

My DD is almost 3 and no longer takes a nap because we have a horrible time getting her to sleep at night. She is put to bed at 7:30-8 and not asleep until close to 10. WEll, last night we went to bed at 10 and she was still awake. At 12:30 I was woken up by her playing in the hallway. I was livid! Put her back to bed and she did not get up again. IN fact I a pretty sure she wet to sleep after that . so, this morning when DS and I got up at 8 I got her butt up to! Yep. RISE AND SHINE little rose bud. :0) Just now she fell asleep on the couch. Woke her little hiney up then to. Bet she sleeps tonight. What do you think? Lesson learned or is she going to be up at midnight again tomorrow night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't there is nothing wrong with it sometimes I have to wake my son up from his nap in order for him to go to bed at his bed time
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I haven't had good experience with skipping naps in hopes that child go to bed on time and sleep though the night. I would suggest letting her nap. Well rested kids behave better. When it's bedtime, stress the importance of going to bed on time and not getting up in the middle of the night. Don't try to force her to sleep when she goes to bed. Tell her she don't have to sleep but she does have to stay in the bed. The sleep will come.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• There is a gate at the top of the stairs that's why she was only in the hall. All the other doors are closed. And I get up when my kids get up. Sometimes it's 8 sometimes it's 6. She is fine without a nap when she is asleep by 9 but being up til 12:30 has made her tired. She is not a grumpy tired kid though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Put a gate at her bedroom door. Then she is gonna be in her room. if you have to remove toys then do that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That's not mean at all. She's going to have to learn to get on a schedule somehow. We're having to do the same thing with my kid (almost 3), since naps are hit and miss anymore.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• (I do agree, though, that I'm not comfortable going to sleep unless I know my kid's sleeping. But that's just me) :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• She could be up again. It may be something medical and her internal nocternal clock may be miswired. I would personally wake my child at the normal waking time but still have the nap. If you are truly tired you can get past the point where your body doesn't have the energy to actually fall asleep. Sometimes naps during the day actually assist in a child's ability to get good sleep at night. As far as the nocternal play goes....I would let my child. My rule is quiet and in the room only. No distrubing other people. If you make it a big deal it becomes an even bigger deal. Of course you know good diet, plenty of exercise, a good nap time, and a schedule to help keep things on steady and reliable. Those things matter. An appropriate bed time to OFFER at least ten hours of sleep. If it was my child and sleep became an issue then I would contact my child's doctor and go from there. Mean? No. Frustrated? Yes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we don't have toys in our girls room (they share they are 2 and 3)... they do havea gate across the door. they go to bed and have the choice of either reading a book or watching a dvd, then its lights out...
    i DO wake them from their naps, regardless of if they've slept for 1 hour or 3... i don't want them to be up all night!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well think about it... what if you had things going on today? Like school or dr.s appts. Then you would have done the same thing.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thought ya'll would like to know she went straight to sleep tonight at 7:30. She was a little whiny around 7 but nothing major. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010