how are the older people in your family taking it?

For the record, I AM NOT ASKING HOW YOU ARE TAKING THE ELECTION RESULTS.

How are the older people in your family taking the results? By older I mean people over 65, like your parents or grandparents.

I'm actually very surprised with how my grandma is taking it. She's 81, a diehard Republican, and voted for McCain (of course). She's a little disappointed but she's not fearful for the future or anything. She says she's willing to support Obama because he's her new president, even though she didn't vote for him.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Good for her, now if more ppl on here could do it. Oh and to answer your question I dont think i will call my grandpa for a couple of days lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thats great of her a real woman
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh my grandpa is a COMPLETELY different story.
    He's not happy at allllllll. Then again, he's the same person that told me that he would rather see me dead in a casket than dating a black man. (I'm actually dating a hispanic guy, but that just goes to show you what kind of person my grandpa is =D)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• The older people in my family are celebrating because they voted for Obama. Yup even my 86 year old grandfather retired military veteren of World war 2, Korea and Vietnam. My other grandfather who is 89 also voted for Obama, and not only was he in the military (Navy) but was a POW. To assume that all older Americans voted for McCain is closed minded IMO
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I've lost all of my Grandparents and my Dad. I would love to know what they would have thought. My mother (67) voted for Obama so she's very excited. Am I disappointed that Obama won? Absolutely not! I voted for McCain so I'm disappointed that he lost but he conceded with dignity and grace and I'm willing to accept our new President Elect and am optimistic that the changes he's promised will be made good to the best of his ability. I'm thrilled that my teenage sons will remember this historical time in our country and will be able to tell their children and grandchildren. God Bless our country and what a proud time to ba an American!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• "To assume that all older Americans voted for McCain is closed minded IMO"

I never assumed it. I know very good and well that many older people voted for Obama. I just know that the MAJORITY of older people didn't. I was just wondering. It's good to know that the people in your family support him...so do I =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My Mom, is not happy. She will not come right out and say anything because she knows how I voted but her littler hint tell the truth. I just hope Obama, lives up to what the world is hoping for.
    MadMom4808

Answer by MadMom4808 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

I never assumed it. I know very good and well that many older people voted for Obama. Sorry my bad I suppose I am reacting to the posts I have been reading by those that are calling Obama the anti-christ and threatening to move to Canada.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm 65 and I couldn't be happier that Obama won....I know McCain personally, and if your worried about the war with Obama, You really would if Mc ugly was in office. He has a hair trigger temper, he doesn't think things through...his ego is the size of the USA..........The right man won, but, no matter who won they have a hell of a mess to clean up in Washington.........Thank you Mr. Bush........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Answered at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 by: MadMom4808
    My Mom, is not happy. She will not come right out and say anything because she knows how I voted but her littler hint tell the truth. I just hope Obama, lives up to what the world is hoping for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~thats all we can hope for.. i didnt vote obama but im hoping he'll prove to others like me we were wrong..God forbid if he doesnt
    plain0me63

Answer by plain0me63 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008