My 7 week old is not napping. How can i get him to take naps.

My baby boy has a hard time taking naps. I will try & put him to sleep as soon as i see those first signs of him being tired. He will fall asleep & then about ten minutes later he will wake up so i try again and its the same process all over again. This leads to him being overtired & very cranky & when it comes time to him being hungry he is so tired & upset that he wont eat very much. Eventually he takes one very long nap & then he is fine. He sleeps fine through the night only waking once to eat & then goes right back to sleep. I just want to know how i can get him to nap during the day so he is not so cranky & eats better.

CassieM2B

Asked by CassieM2B at 6:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• More stimulation. Normally they nap to process what they have seen and heard. Have you tried swaddling? Wrapping them tight mimics the womb. Maybe that would help.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• not sure so i gave you a bump
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• more stimulattion and a routine will help. wake him the same time every day and try to lay him down for naps the same time every day. also try swaddeling him nice and tight. good luck its probably just a phase and he will soon be napping like a pro some kids just feel like they will miss something if they sleep. my 19month old is like that.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• put him down bfore he starts to get tired bout the same time every day..most daycare do every 2hrs for a newborn..also try an quiet,comfortable place,thats not to bright so his body will learn to adjust to the day/nite sleep routine your are trying to set up..i did music to put my kids..the same song so my kids learned to associate the music into their sleep routine so they realized it was nap time..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2010