No home training

Some kids have no home training. My sister and a friend just left the house with their kids and my house is a mess. Food all over the floor, toys everywhere. I ask over and over again for themto sit down but they act like the couldn't hear me. I found all them in my room playing in my bed. And the moms just sat there like everything okay. When I was growing up I was taught when you went to someone house you are to sit down and to stay put. What happen to those days?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 6:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• When they come before you let them in lay down the rules and if they do not behave ask them to leave. We had a friend like that it took a couple of times before they caught on but it stopped.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't invite them back then. Your kids will start picking up on their bad behaviors.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Oh and if you do want to keep up the play dates (I reread it and saw one was your sister's) lay down the ground rules from the start and if they misbehave ask the parents to discipline the child or leave. Your house your rules.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would tell my sister exactly how I felt; and let her know that her friend's children are not welcome at your home any more-and tell your sister that if she doesn't start coming down on her kids when they act disrespectfully; that you are not going to want them over any more either.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• while you're keeping company and the ladies are chatting and acting as if they don't hear you telling their children to stop ,tell them excuse ladies and shout really loud so that the children hear you say " sit your asses down somewhere or else" and if the parents want to know "what else" means tell them or else you're going to have to leave because you hear me asking ,no, telling your children to stop and you both won't do anything to make them stop.
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010