RED LIPSTICK

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A HOT RED LIPSTICK FOR XMAS. DON'T WANT IT ORANGE OR TOO BLUE EITHER I HAVE LIGHT OLIVE SKIN AND DON'T WEAR RED SO CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS FOR YOU LADIES WHO WEAR THE PERFECT RED & KNOW. I WANT A CLEAR RED MATTE COLOUR. WHAT DO YA WEAR & NAME PLS....THNX

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I really love Bare minerals Red Zen lipstick, it's really red, or NVEY #369 is a true red if I've ever seen one. Those are probably the only lipsticks that I have used that really look like a true red that aren't pinkish or blueish or orange.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Try maybeline or maz factor great shades of red even avon has some awesome reds.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It really depends on the person. A subtle difference in shading makes the lipstick shade look a lot different on you. I would go to a beautician.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Go to the make-up counter at any large department store and ask them to try different shades of their red lipstick on you; they can advise you as to which one looks better with your complexion and why!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If you have a Sephora near you, you can try on dozens of different colours and manufacturers all in one store and buy the one that actually looks good. You will need to go a little warmer than, say, I could go... because I go green with any orange at all, whereas you probably wouldn't look at all as good the bluer reds that actually stay looking like red on my face.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• L'oreal Sunset Red is my fave. I have like 10 tubes of it!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We can all give you a name and such but really you need to go try one on. Go to a make up counter with a good sales person. Or see Mary Kay rep or Avon. Both will have samples.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I KNOW ITS A GOOD IDEA TO GO TRY ETC. AND I WILL, BUT JUST WANT TO HEAR SOME FAVOURITES.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2010