I am scared....

Okay to put it simply, I was an idiot and had a one night fling with someone in the worship band at a church convention ( yes I know it was a really stupid move)
I am pretty sure he used protection, but at this point I don't really think it matters, since I have been having pregnancy symptoms.
I have already bought a test, but I am scared to take it.
I already have a 5 month old, and I am single. I am already working all the time, to support my baby and I as it is, and if I were to have another baby i am not sure if I would be able to do it.
So please any advice on how to calm my nerves, or to just handle the situation.
And if I should tell the guy who has put me in this position.

EDIT: I took the test, and it came up positive.

thanks for answering..

AlyssaJones

Asked by AlyssaJones at 6:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would definitley tell him.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 6:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Take the test, and decide what is best for your child, and for yourself. The guy didn't "put you in this position"; you committed a stupid.

Get tested for STDs, too; many are asymptomatic.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I think you should at least find out if you're pregnant first.
    AMarineWife

Answer by AMarineWife at 6:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• he definately needs to know what is going on. just because it's not happening to him personally doesn't mean he's not involved. about your nerves.....the only thing that's gonna calm you down is taking that test and seeing the outcome. just do it!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would take the test first. If you are pregnant tell him but not before hand. I wish I could say something to calm you down but the only thing I can do is pray for you. I hope that everything turns out right.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• OMG.....
    I would be keeping this information to myself,actually. I would feel so guilty and ashamed I wouldn't tell people on a message board....nobody! OMG. How old ARE you? And you aready have a baby? WOW.....
    Anonymous

• You know.....when you say "the guy who put me in this position" you are being dishonest. YOU put yourself in this position!! You forgot to say NO!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• if your not ready then your not ready, dont push yourself into something you dont think you can handle. i got an abortion when my son was 6 months because i wasnt ready for another baby and where i was in my life i wasnt ready. im not saying go have an abortion but keep your mind open to your options
    sexymama223

Answer by sexymama223 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well since it came up positive you should definitely tell the guy. He and his family may want to raise his child. I'd keep it myself, but consider adoption if you don't think youcan handle it or have no family support. Then get on birth control. Things happen for a reason. This is a blessing in disguise. Get on medicaid and WIC. Good luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Tell the guy he is half responsible.
    lisanrich

Answer by lisanrich at 10:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010