eye problems?

ok my eye started getting red and sore11 days ago.. the i thought it was a stye, then a scratched eye. now its just back to red and swolen... its annoying... i dont have healthcare now and dont want to spend tons of money for a specialist.. anyone know anythign that it might be or had same problem?

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 6:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• have you tried using visene or any type of eyedrops? if not try some of those and see if it gets any better....
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Why a specialist? Any gp at a clinic can manage to figure out most obvious eye problems without needing extensive training.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree, go see a Dr and go from there. I'm very pro-active about eye issues. I had one I ignored - well we wrote it off to being pregnancy related actually, but it ended up being pretty serious. I had glaucoma that we couldn't get controlled and after 3 years of struggling with it, having daily pain and losing the sight in my eye, I had to have it removed and now have a prosthetic. I'm not trying to say that's what's wrong with you at all, but your sight is not something you want to mess around with. Get it checked.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• yes ive been using eye drops and ive been to the er and a take care clinic and the first said it was a stye the next said what ever it was that it was healing and if it didnt go away to go see a specialist....
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• then i would suggest a specialist... i don't screw around when it comes to my vision.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Sounds like pink eye. Are you breastfeeding? Breast milk will cure pink eye. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/114773/breast_milk_and_its_many_uses.html?cat=5
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• idk if its pink eye since its been almost 2 weeks and no one else has caught it, and my kids and DF are all up in my face! this morning i couldnt even open my eye... so i think i might be heading to er for round 3 today
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010