I'm due March 20. When should I have my baby shower?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 6:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my 1st baby shower 3 months before I had my baby. I liked having them early so that I could return any double gifts and get the things I still needed/wanted for my baby.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• sometime in February but before the 20th
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• In February, at a time that is convenient for the hostess.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The weekend before or after Feb. 20.....usually a month before baby comes so you know you have all of the essentials! =]
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ya i would say like 4-6 weeks ahead of time. you dont want to have to return and find new things if you have to or rush around if you didnt get everything you needed when your 9mos preg. With my daughter I was due June 14th and had mine the last week in april. That was perfect timing for me.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I've been told its best 2 months or so before your due date cause as you know baby could come whenever they want. My dd was due march 3rd so I had my shower the middle of jan.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Just depends. I am going to have my baby shower 3 months or 2 1/2 months before. I actually had my first pre mature ( was in the hospital on bed rest for two weeks then finally had him at 35 weeks). I had to call off my baby shower then for some reason the people who were putting on the shower didn't notify everyone of the second shower after the baby was born and not many people showed up at all. I was pretty sad I couldn't share the birth of my son with more of my family and friends. I am going to make sure just in case this baby comes early that I WILL have a baby shower BEFORE baby comes :) Honestly it is all in when YOU want your shower.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I had my babyshower 4 weeks before baby was born
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I say end of Jan beinging of feb
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 11:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010