What happened with the gay marriage thing in CA?

I don't live in CA, I just wanted to know.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• its not looking good
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• They're saying it's still being counted, but it's pretty much guaranteed to pass.

Booooo on them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Amends the California constitution to specify that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.

95% of precincts reporting

Yes 5,163,908 52%

No 4,760,336 48%

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25361655

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It's an outrage! The morals of this nation, the hypocracy.....it's an insane outrage!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• the passing of prop 8 is the bright point in my morning. so i have both emotions.. happy about prop 8... sad about the presidency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh, it did pass? Then why do I keep hearing all of these women on here that are sad that we can elect a black president but cannot recognize gay rights? I'm confused. I dont live in Cali though....
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 12:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• that is what i said this morning...we can elect a black man into the highest office but we cannot let two people of the same sex get married? i have gay friends and have for many years and some of their relationships have outlasted many others that were in straight relationships. In todays day...marriage is nothing anymore. people getting divorced all the time. or getting annulled right away. some people have 5 or 6 divorces under their belts. So why are you protecting it from gays so bad? think they are going to make it worst? sorry but i dont think its that good anyway!!!!!
    Anonymous