What is a bump? What about Dh, DD etc?

I know this is probably a stupid question but I haven't been on here in years and just started to recently get on here every other day. What is a bump?! I have seen people refer in a paragraph to DD, DH etc. What do these abbreviations mean? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Bump just moves the question back to the top, normally because you think it is a good question but don't have an answer. DD=Dear Daughter, DS=Dear Son, DH= Dear Husband, LO= Little One, and SO=Significant Other. That is all I can think of. There are more but just ask again if you run into them.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 6:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't quite know what bump really meanwhile but dd is dear daughter. dh- dear husband ss-step son sd-step daughter so-significant other
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ah! Thank you so much. Now I can read posts and know what they are talking about! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• A bump means you don't have an answer to a question so you bump it to the top of the pile. As for the abbreviations, there is a long list in the Newcomber's Club.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have just figured out what some of the abbreviations mean
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010