Do your kids share a room?

If so how did it go when you put them in the room together!? Our kids are going to have to share a room, Our Daughter is 3 1/2 and we are expecting our second on Jan. 17th. I will be nursing the first hopefully year, so I know that the baby is going to be in our room for awhile. It makes me nervous thinking about trying to get them to sleep in the same room together! It just seems like a challenge!! How did it go with your kids and how old are they?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• All three of my girls share a room. Two of them are twins though and have always shared since they came home from the hospital (they are 4 1/2) and my youngest daughter is 3...she wouldn't sleep in her room alone, so I just moved her in with her sisters to try it out to see how she slept, and has slept so much better ever since (she was about 19 months old when we moved her in there, and before that she mostly coslept with me, but I had tried to get her in her own for about a month) I have never had any issues with the girls all sharing, and to them, it is normal. None of them want to be moved to their own room (of course they are still little! lol)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we have 3 bedrooms so the girls have their own bedroom as of right now. We are trying to get pregnant so when we do we are going to share a room with the baby as long as possible because our girls fight so bad lol. When the baby is older if it is a girl then my oldest will have her own room and the 2 younger ones will share, but if we have a boy then of course he will have his own room. My oldest is 5.5 and my youngest will be 3 January 11th. I was due January 17th lol i was induced though.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We gave our son and daughter the master bedroom and gave them sides. My daughter is only 2 months old and we have a bassinet set up in our room until she sleeps longer through the night since I am nursing her too. Personally id feel better with both kids in one room, if anything were to happen you dont have to choose you to get first they are in the same place :-)
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• mY 4 YO dd and 6 mo old ds share. It's been just fine. I changed the room to Spongebob for the two of them.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My oldest is 4, her and my 23 month old started sharing a room when the 23 month old was around 3 or 4 months (I didn't breastfeed though) but she was sleeping thru the night by then. My youngest was born when my middle was 13 months, now my oldest has her own room and the younger two started sharing a room when my youngest was about 5 months (sleeping thru the night by then too). Both situations worked out great :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• no my 2 yr old has his own rm my 5 month old sleeps n my room
    Latoya W.

Answer by Latoya W. at 8:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• my 9yo and 6 share, 15 has his own,
    2 oldest shared until baby was 3 then we put two youngest together to give teen privacy
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• my son has his own, my 4, ans 3 year old girls share, ad my 1 year old girl and newborn girl will shre
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2010