Has your Birth ontrol ever came out During sex?

My SO and I had sex last night(Nov 1st) and this morning (nov 2) after making the kids breakfast I woke him up and told him that we could start trying for a baby in a week.....well...... when he got up to go use the bathroom. I saw my NUVA ring in the bed i have been on this birth control on n off for the last 4 years and have never had this happen to me. I was kinda confused but said o well I will jus go with the flow. b/c if the ring is out for more than 3 hrs its no good and my insurance will only cover it once every 30 days. I ha no clue how long it had been out but I estimated atleast 5 hrs.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Or had any other birt h control fail?

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yes we had sex that night... but we usually have sex in the same position all the time...
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 4:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yeah and thats how I ended up pregnant with my last kiddo .. : )
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mine fell out once during sex. I have also been using it for about 4 years. Although everyone is different, I went one month without it bacause I didn't have anymore, and we continued to have sex. I did not get pregnant and just started a new one the next month. Did you guys have sex that night? If so, a certain position could have snagged it out. Otherwise if you didn't have sex, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, if you have been on birth control for 4 years and now want to start trying for a baby my mother (a midwife) recommended that you have at least two normal periods off birth control before you start trying. It will be better for you and the baby. Less chances of complications.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I dated a guy once who, I don't care about being discreet, was HUGE!!!! Every time we had sex it would slide right out, I'm assuming because of the lack of room in there it just got pulled out.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

lucky you !!!! lol
    Anonymous