Is God real? adult content

Why is there so much pain in the world? I understand WE are causing it, but shouldn't God be protecting the innocent? Why are there so many children begging for money? Sex slaves? Abused by their own parents? Why aren't these kids entitled to a decent life? Is free will only for the stronger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, God is not real. At least, that's what I believe. I believe in polytheism. People do the things you've listed because they want to or because they're mentally unstable. It saddens me when I think of all the horrible things happening to people, to children.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Another one of these Qs eh?

You'll get run around in circles over this one, since no one who believes has any answers for you.

No. There is no god. We're all on our own with all of the other living things on this chunk of rock.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That's what I'm starting to believe too ObbyDobbie and Tam.. Sadly..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• aww... my fan club is already out this evening! :P
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• well my opinion is just this...that GOD is real..but if he prevented everything from happening to everyone then this would be called Planet Perfect(HEAVEN) not Planet Earth..
    look at it like a tv series..if SUPERMAN/BATMAN could save the every innocent person out here then there would be not be any LEX LUTHOR/JOKER on the show...
    GOD has to balance out the world just like the DEVIL does...everything that happens to us good/bad are sometimes just circumstancel..its to keeps us strong in faith..even if something bad happens to u..u still have to give GOD thx..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• God is a product of people's need to believe they are not alone. That someone is there protecting them and guiding them. You can believe in Him if it makes you feel better, but you have to make your own life work, that's for sure.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• yes god is real. Everything happens for a reason. I can't give you a reason why people do what they do, but I can tell you that you will find out when god comes back that god is real. We don't know the day or the hour, but he will be back. And everyone that believes will go to heaven and everyone that doesn't believe will stay on earth in the rature. I feel sorry for those that get stuck behind since you will have one more chance to believe, but it will be painful.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• FreeSpirit, I understand where you're coming from, but He could balance out good and evil by letting bad things happen to people who actually deserve it. KIDS should not be going through her for balance between good and evil.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• mommy5409 explain something to me please.
    God gave us FREE WILL. If I don't believe in Him but I am a good person who helps other people, unselfish and so on.. He's going to punish me for not believing in Him? That doesn't sound like a religion I want to be a part of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Why is there suffering in the world? Only God truly knows. We have no hope of understanding God's motives. This world is not my home and I am not meant to be comfortable here.Your point about free will is part of it. Yes we have the free will to hurt, even kill, others. It is why we aren't automatons. Unfortunately that means some people will be hurt. My father used his free will to abuse me. I used mine to (after many years) forgive him and move on. There is more to it though. Cancer, hurricanes, and the like are not from man. I suggest you read the book of Job. Early on in this
    book Job suffers greatly and is in terrible pain. Three friends
    come to see him and try to explain his suffering. They are think that
    there is a reason why Job suffers: because he has sinned, and that God is punishing, Cont-
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 7:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010