is it rude to throw yourself a baby shower?

The reason I ask is because I thought DH and I was done having kids so I sold everything or almost everything I had. All I have is 2 playpens, a basinet, baby toys, and a few bottles. Well now I am pregnant and I don't know how I can buy all this stuff again. Plus after this baby it will deffinatly be our last so I don't have the money to go buy new things. I have no clotes either for baby. I don't have any friends really, but 2 which one is always working and the other is my cousin. I know noone will throw me a shower. If it weren't for a lady I babysat for I wouldn't had a shower with my first. Is it rude to throw your own shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No go for it
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Nope I don't think it's rude at all...
    AMarineWife

Answer by AMarineWife at 7:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't think its rude at all. Be careful with that carseat they seem to change every year. You don't need an out of date carseat
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• extremely tacky in my opinion.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• it would be family that would come, but my family wont throw me one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• oh I forgot I do have an infant carseat as well because I seen one at a yardsale for 5 bucks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I dont suggest useing a already used car seat. you dont know if its been in an accident or not. or defective. I kinda threw my own, with my b/f help. 7 years ago
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No, I threw my own baby shower in my 1st pregnancy. This pregnancy was unexpected and unknown until I was nearly in my 3rd trimester, I'm due dec. 5th and my fiance & I have been spending left & right to get the nessecities for our baby by ourselves in this short period of time. I was looking around online for baby gift sets and found that people will actually sell you a bib, a onsie, & 1 pair of booties shoved in a champagne bottle for $70+19.95 S&H I personally refuse to throw away that much money for a half of an outfit!! Since I have my own small business that prompted me to make affordable gift sets, my sets are all shipped free, none are over $65, and I also include 2 bonus gifts for the mom so if you are intrested send me a msg & I will direct you to my sites (won't post it here because somebody is bound to say i'm spamming) anyway GL and congrats on your pregnancy!

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I thought about it with my 2nd, but I wasn't sure if people would think it was tacky so I didn't do it. I wasn't really looking for gifts though I just wanted to celebrate that I was finally having another baby after trying for so long.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is rude, but I have always thought it was a bit tacky. You also have to remember it cost money to throw a shower and maybe that money might be better spent on buying what you need.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010