Do you or have you ever had a wart or warts on your hands/fingers?

Did it/they just come out of nowhere? How and how long did it take to get rid of it/them (if you no longer have it/any)?

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 7:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes two of them. I went to the dermatologist and she put something on it that turned them into blistiers, which was a little painful but after healing the warts were gone and I havent had another since! I did try some wart remover myself before seeing the dermotologist but it didnt work(obviously lol) So I would just suggest making an appoinment.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• When I was a kid I got one on a finger. My grandmother put milk weed sap on it. In time it went away.

Answer by Bmat at 7:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I had one on my thumb when I was like 16, and I dug it out with a pair of fingernail clippers. No idea how I got it, I'd never had one before then, or since then. You can get a wart freezing kit from like Target or Walmart.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Oh and duct tape works too. My oldest daughter got a planters wart from daycare and I didn't have the balls to have the doc freeze it off for her and he told me to try my best to keep duct tape on it and it went away within a few weeks.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• nope, but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes. Warts can appear after a YEAR of contracting them, so they could just 'appear out of nowhere'. How long it takes for them to go away just depends on the method you use to get rid of them.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I had a few on my hands when I was a kid. None of the OTC stuff worked, so my mother finally took my to the dermatologist to have them frozen. It hurt like Hell, but it worked. Those suckers were gone and have not come back in over 20 years.

sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 3:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I had them when I was a kid. Every time I would get a scrape that would scab over and then fall off warts would pop up. Mom took me to the Dr. when I was 12 and they gave me a Gamma Goblin shot -- hurt like hell but one morning I woke up to do my normal cleaning routine as per Dr orders and every single wart was gone. Went to bed with them and woke up the next morning with none. Dr. can't explain why, he had never seen anything disappear overnight.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Had a few on my hands when I was a child but they went away. I don't remember do anything to them. GD had plantar warts on the bottom of her feet . Had them frozen several times before they went away.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have one on my index finger. I can't get rid of the damn thing, and I hate it! I"m going to have to break down and go to the dermatoligst I think. I've been putting it off cause I do'nt want to pay the co pay on seeing a specialist.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010