Need help christmas gifts for my children

I am deaf mother of two kids. I lost my job recently. hard to budget with bills. I feel so helpless no Christmas gift for my two kids my son 15 yrs old and my little girl 5 yrs old. My husband had health problems of his diabetes. I feel so helpless. I hope you can help us. I never had problems in the past. this is my first time...

Carol396

Asked by Carol396 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to your town offices, police department, and fire departent and ask if there is a Secret Santa, or similar charity program, you can sign up for. Also Google your state and county website and search for information. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's hard, I understand. My family has been struggling since my husband died - and that's what I hear from most of the women in my widows group here. Times are really tough.
    You might want to see if you can find a temporary job - during the holidays, you can sometimes find jobs doing stock and that sort of thing for retail stores.
    Don't worry so much about the gifts. Christmas is so much more about family than it is about gifts. Make special times, do simple things together like baking cookies or watching a Christmas show.
    Just enjoy your family while you have them, don't waste energy worrying about what you don't have - life can change so soon, the people we love can be gone. Hoping you have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Could you go to the Salvation Army?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Please PM me. I can gladly help :)
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 7:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• kinda too late to sign up for christmas programs i was at salvation army for food & clothing help last week and overheard the receptionist tell someone on the phone it was too late to sign up for christmas help
    Anonymous