My son hates to be held and hates to be on the floor to play, what is left???

I hold him he fights to get off my lap, I put him on the floor he throws a tantrum, I put him in his pack-n-play he whines to get out...I have no where else left....(he is 7 months old not crawling yet or sitting up without help yet...he is taking his time LOL)

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 7:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When you can afford it, buy a jumperoo from Fisher Price. I had one for my daughter and she LOVED it. It helped her gain strength in her legs which helped her start walking long before she turned a year old.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• does he stare at lights or fans?
    when having a fit, does he bang his head?
    does he have good eye contact? (this my be hard to judge without comparing to another child his age)
    Anonymous

• could he swing in a swing for hours?
    Anonymous

• lol my son was lazy to. try a bouncy chair or he sounds big enough he might enjoy a jumperoo my son went nuts for his.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• does he stare at lights or fans? ceiling fans yes but only because it has these things DH tied to the blades so they spin around...
    when having a fit, does he bang his head? no
    does he have good eye contact? I believe he does

Why do you ask?
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• my child acted like this
    I did not notice, but MIL did say to me that she noticed my child did not like to be held like other kids and had poor eye contact. I noticed the staring at ligts and fans and head banging impossible not to notice.
    my child has autism
    also my child slower to sit up, walk, any core strength things
    also my child could swing for hours if i allowed

all CAN be early signs of autism
    Anonymous

• swing YES!!! He loved his swing but now he is too big for it...=(
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• He might have sensory integration disorder. It's pretty common and there are lots of things you can do about it.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 7:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• hmm my 10 month old is starting to act like that. i use to tell everyone she was my "good" child lol and now she's been fussier than usual but i think it's because she's cutting another tooth. she's happiest on the floor though, standing and cruising from one surface to the next, walking is not far away for her (oh great!) but sometimes she's not happy anywhere and this is only recently. she doesn't like to be held for a long time either, she wants to get down and move. it could be possible he's cutting teeth and just all around miserable feeling. sometimes nothing will make them happy when they're gums hurt.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I am gonna have to do some research then...thank you very much ladies...and Anon thank you too...I will learn all I can about both Autism and sensory integration disorder...It just bothers me that he cant find anything that makes him happy =(
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2010