How can you get rid of staph?

I got these knots under my arm (2) went to Dr. they opened them up, put me on antibiotics and they went away. My SO started getting these knots months later. First one we took care of second one I made him go to the Dr., I get one on my leg we take care of it, it goes away now I have one on the outside of my right elbow, went to Dr. it is staph like all the others. We do everything they tell us to but its like we are just passing it back and forth. Any suggestions?

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Health

• Lysol bathroom cleaner. Get new bath sponges and bleach anything white and get some color bleach. Clean all blankets, etc.... Try not to touchc each other alot in those spots
    Anonymous

• yeah my daughter had it on her stomach.............it was nasty when it busted. yeah we went to emerg.
    and they drained it and put her on some heavy antib.they told her to wash her as often as possible and use gloves when we treat it with this cream they gave us.Use plenty of sanitizing lotion, cream ect.
    savvya

Answer by savvya at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We are doing all that but the gloves and we wash our hands in antibacterial soap like fifty times a day we even bath in it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 10:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Regardless of the bathing in antibacterial soap and all... I am in no way judging or trying to be mean but, is your home clean? Thats all I can think of.
    Anonymous

• Ask if it's MRSA.... if it is, ask your physician for "bactoban ointment".... MRSA is housed in the nasal passages.... for recurrent infections, you are suppose to treat the nasal passages w/ bactroban ointment (an antibiotic ointment) tiwce a day for 10 days.... everyone in the house should do this.
    a.butler

Answer by a.butler at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My house isn't spotless but yes its clean. I go thru the whole house once a week with clorox spray and clorox. We aren't nasty people, we bath daily and all the regular hygiene stuff.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 8:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008