Is anyone else heartbroken?

I know Obama is our president now, and I will not speak negatively about him. I'm trying to believe he is really a good man, and am praying for the best for him and our country! However, I just feel overwhelming sad today over the moral state of our country. It is hard for me to fathom that so many people, including MOMMYS here of CM, were willing to overlook this man's stand, and voting record, on partial birth abortions! That alone was reason enough for me not to vote for him. If you voted for him, please explain to me how this was not an issue for you. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just really struggling to understand how good people could think that was okay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• scaredmommy08, sorry you don't have the facts, even though it's after the fact, McCain / Palin is pro-life, however, they did support abortion issues in cases like incest, rape and in the physical health of a mother. Obama's record on abortion, he voted 4 times opposing a ban on the BAIPA even after an amendment to the proposal was written with his concerns constructed into the law. He still voted supporting Infanticide!! He was NOT talking about in a case of incest or rape regarding his daughter, he was talking about an unwanted pregnancy!!  But you are like many of his supporters, believing his lies!  I am sorry that reality will come by way of proof of the real Obama....allbeit too late!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think most will argue that just because they think abortion is wrong it should not be a crime for everyone else.

That's like saying you thing pedophilia /molestation is wrong but it should not be a crime for everyone else.

Ironically, that's what some people said about slavery - "Just because I think its wrong to have a slave..... doesn't mean its wrong for everyone else..."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• The only reason he voted no on that partial birth abortion thing was because another one existed that stated the EXACT same thing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You have no idea how heartbroken I am, I just look at my kids and cry. I dont want them to have to starve.
    KatieG04

Answer by KatieG04 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am more than heart broken, my spirit grieves for our nation, for the unborn, for the morals of our great land, for our Constitutional rights, for our democracy, for our safety......!!!! I will not respect him as our President, I can not respect a man who supports Infanticide, who supports stopping free speech, who supports stopping the right to bear arms, who supports muslim and islamic nations and leaders, who supports socialism / marxism, who supports taxing our nation into a depression, who supports illegal immigrants stealing our jobs and bankrupting our resources, who supports killing the most innocent of our citizens---the born alive! My heart grieves the the moral in this nation!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• it is a very sad day for america even more sad than 911.my son in law is now planning to leave the military because of this election and so are his friends .what will america do when all these people leave the military how will we be protected?
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• devistated is a better word for how I feel. I feel like as a Nation we let down our children.

Nicely said blessed!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• He wanted to keep a womens right to choose, McCain and Palin wanted to do away with abortions all together even in cases of rape and incest and even medical saftey reasons.....people do not have the facts on why he voted against doing away with them..... When he said "I do not want my daughters punished by a child" he meant for those women who are raped, and nobody should have to live with that for nine months!! I am not a fan of abortion but you have to understand those babies who are getting "taken care of" will not suffer, or I guess in a partial birth senerio they will for a short time.. if they were born to an abusive or neglegant mother or whatever they would suffer a lifetime!! You have to look outside the box.... is it wrong yes but do you have to look at other veiws YES!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• georgia362...absolutely, how can you have a strong military by a commander in chief who believes that you air raided villages and killed civilians, who believes that your fighting isn't producing success as you have seen, who believes that your comrades died in vain because he'll pull out before the victory comes to fruition, who voted to cut off your funds so that you can continue to fight for our nations freedoms, who is viewed as weak and inexperienced, who invites an international crisis (terror attack), whose own VP doesn't know how he'll react....NO ONE that I know of would want to work for a man like Obama who is against everything you fight and stand for and many have died for!! Our nation is in grave danger!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Wow! Scaredmommy, that sounds like a lot of justifying you are doing there. You do not have all of the facts either. McCain/Palin did NOT want to do away with abortions for medical safety reasons. They wanted to do away with abortion being used for birth control and the MURDER of babies born ALIVE! Tell yourself whatever you want, but that is the TRUTH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2008