fertility help

what would be my days if my period started nov 10th and ended on the 16th? Id like to be as accurate as possible with the "luteal phase" and the length, i know the average is 28 days but idk how accurate that is for me? can someone help me please =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your cycle runs from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period. Ovualtion occurs about half way through. So if you have a 28 day cycle you ovulate on day 14. I don't know how accurate it is for you. Based on a 28 day cycle you would conceive on Nov. 24th.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ok I calculated a 28 day cycle. To know for sure you need to chart for a couple of months to know if you have a 28 day cycle or longer. If you have a 28 day cycle your next pierod should start on Dec 8 and you are most fertle around days 23 to 27. A real good site to use is BabyCenter.com it gives you tools to help calculate your fertle days.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ovulation usually occurs 11-16 days before the start of your period (luteal phase being the 10-15 days between ovulation and the start of your period), and your most fertile time is the 3-4 days preceding that. The best thing to do, especially since you don't have any idea about the length or regularity of your cycle, is to chart, basal body temperature and cervical mucus being the most informative signs. Those will tell you when you're most likely fertile and exactly when you ovulate, both of which are good to know when planning a pregnancy. Check out FertilityFriend.com and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Those will give you all the basics.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• How long are your cycles, usually? Most people have a luteal phase of 12-14 days. For your best chances, have sex every other day until you see fertile CM - watery, which is thin and slippery, or EWCM which is discharge that looks almost exactly like eggwhites. It's thick and stretchy and it acts as a kind of conduit for sperm, helps them reach their destination. Anyway so once you start seeing some fertile fluids, have sex every day until you don't see the EWCM anymore.

If you have a typical 28 day cycle, you should have been having sex all the last week.
    For more accurate results, if you don't get pregnant this cycle, buy a basal thermometer. you can find them in the pharmacy section of any store. They may be labeled as a fertility thermometer. They are more accurate and more stable than normal thermometers. Then you take your temp every day when you wake up to keep track of it. Use a charting website like...
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• www.fertilityfriend.com, it will help you to keep track of your cycles, learn the signals of your body, and tell you exactly when you ovulate. In the beginning of your cycle your temp will be low. The egg develops, you will have an estrogen spike, which will lower your temperature - which will be followed immediately (the next day) by a temperature rise. It will look like a dip and then a spike on your chart. The day of the dip is the day of ovulation. The spike is caused by the increase in progesterone that happens after the egg is released. The 4 days before and one day after ovulation are your most fertile days. As my doc says "until you're charting, you're not really trying. Just not preventing." You can also buy ovulation predictor kits (OPKS) but they can get costly if it takes you a while to get pregnant. Good luck.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have been trying countdowntopregnancy.com. It helps with ovulation calanders and everything. I dont knw if this would help you but I have been trying it.
    maire1988

Answer by maire1988 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010