how to be a single mom of a child with special needs

talk about no time for yourself
forget the husband who does not help with chores- there is no man, no help at all

talk about your child having a problem
forget your child saying a bad word- hearing any word would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• hugsSorry to hear your struggling alone, it just goes to show how strong of a person you must be to do it all alone.

raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Ask the school if there are any programs you can put your child in for a little extra time for yourself.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I dont know what your child's disability is, or how old he/she is, but dont worry, there are plenty of resources out there to help you and your child. It's nice to have family & friends to give you a break from time to time too. Try your child's school, your local/county developmental disability agency, an ability center, etc. to get guidance & supplemental support. Some of these agencies even offer respite care & assist w/ life skills, employment & assisted living for after high school. There's also a group here in CafeMom for moms of kids w/ disabilities. Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• it's do-able, but this is why they gave respite care services. You just have to dig around a little to find them. Any Baby Can is a good starting place. ((hugs)) I got three special needs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Find some support. Family, respite care, therapists, friends. You must be a strong woman to do this on your own. I have two with special needs, so I understand how tough it is, but I'm not alone, so I don't know what you are going through. Take care of yourself because your little one needs a strong, healthy momma to help him/her to succeed. Just hang in there and know you are doing what you need to to take care of your child.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010