Did Mirena make you tired?

I got the Mirena 2 days ago and it went fine. It didn't hurt. I've only bled a little bit. One thing I've noticed is that I'm unbelievably tired. I could not wake up at all yesterday...even after 3 or so expresso's. Today I took naps with my baby all morning and didn't get up until noon. Now it's 7ish and I could fall asleep sitting up. How long does this last?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No. I loved mine. Wish I still had it.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• no, it didn't make me tired either. maybe it's from your activities or the weather?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Maybe the weather. It's just weird. I've had a lot of energy lately. I'm eating right and I exercise for at lease a half hour a day. My baby even slept through the night wednesday night so I had a full 6 hours of sleep. Then like 3 cups of coffee and I was only "awake" for about an hour yesterday. It feels like 1st trimester tired. I can't bring myself to work out or do the full scale of housework. I could sleep for days. . .
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If this is occuring regularly w/ you... it might be a symptom you want to discuss w/ your dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I agree with ethans_momma06. I had mines put in while I was still working (I got it done on my lunch break) and continued my day without being tired.
    MDMom337

Answer by MDMom337 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Call and ask your Dr. They can tell you what is normal and what isn't.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:28 AM on Jan. 8, 2011