What are some healthy after school snacks to give to the tween age group?

These snacks have to be handy to eat, like no silverware is needed. Also something that is not filled with tons of sugar and calories.

mandaloohoo

Asked by mandaloohoo at 10:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Fresh fruit ,,fresh vegetables

Answer by louise2 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have always been a big fan of ants on a log...you get a vegtable out of the celery, protein and healthy fats from peanut butter and fruit from raisins or dried cranberrys.
    bbennington1

Answer by bbennington1 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I keep the fruit bowl stocked with apples and bannanas and I have a drawer in the fridge with snacks like string cheese, baby carrots, broccoli flowerettes, and celery. I also keep little boxes of raisins, packs of unsweetened applesauce, packs of those 100 calorie snacks, and little individual packs of goldfish crackers in the pantry. I have stepkids who are nearly 11 and 13 and these all go over pretty well and there is enough variety in the house that they don't have to eat the same snack everyday.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 3:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008