How do you forget about a man that cheater on you after 32 years of marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You will never forget you just need to know that you are the bigger person. You are an amazing person to be asking for advice. My mother went through it and didn't ask for advice. Now 5 years after she is still having issues with men and denies she has issues.Talk about your feelings and understand what happened. You will truly be happier once you are comfortable with your feelings and what happened.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You don't forget, but the 32 years for me would just be a memory, I could not be with a man even after so many years that betrayed me. Life goes on and I would think you deserve better than a cheater, it really doesn't matter that you spend a lifetime with him, betrayal is betrayal in my book and even worse after so many years. It would make me wonder all the other times it happened in 32 years.....

Answer by older at 8:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I often wonder if i will ever fall in love again. I have been divorced for almost 3 years. he married his mistress. there are times when i am alright and then there are times when i am not, especially during the holidays. i try to keep myself busy, but I feel lonely at times. i wonder if I will find a good man or do they exist?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I was married to my first husband for 30 years. During those years he had many emotional affairs and probably physical ones as well, though it couldn't be proven. I believe when he lived overseas without us for about two years that he had a mistress. Our last two years of marriage were very difficult. I was the one who filed for divorce and felt it was all over. He was the one that became sad and angry and tried to hold on.

Let the man go. You will be OK. I know that is is very hard and sad but it is on to better things now.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 9:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I am so sorry.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My wise Gma said there's a Jack for every Jill. Your Jack turned out to be a "jacka**", so you still have a good guy out there for ya! I'm just sorry you are feeling this way. After investing so much of yourself & your time w/ a person, and being betrayed, it's like going thru a mourning process. So it's perfectly normal to feel (or mourn) more around the holidays. Keep yourself busy w/ family & friends. There are also lots of churches doing wonderful things this time of year that I'm sure would love your help. You may just meet a nice guy, with similar values there! Good luck (*Hugs)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• They do exist, but you got to mingle in order to find one....totally normal to feel lonely, go out and mingle

Answer by older at 9:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Good guys do exist, they are hard to find though! If the guy I have now hadn't fallen into my lap I don't know if I would have found him! It does take time to get over things like cheating, but you will. Have faith someone great is out there for you...but sometimes you have to take a risk too!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Good men do exist. They just tend to keep to themselves. Make friends and get your friends to introduce you to the nice guys. I've had daughters on Facebook ask me to go out with their dad because they won't get out and meet women. They are just as afraid of getting out and finding someone who won't be the right person but you have to get out there and find them. I find a lot of nice guys I went to high school with. They are single now for one reason or another. I got involved with my high school alumni association and meet nice guys all the time. I just don't live in my home town any more so it makes it hard to see if I want to get serious.
    Anonymous