What would you do? Be honest

What would you do if while shopping you found a beautiful ring.

Just sitting on top of a package of meat.( A roast no doubt!! ) No one around it and it's sitting there. It LOOKS very expensive and must be worth something!

Do you look around ( see if you might be on camera? ) take the risk and then slip it on your finger and walk out of the store with it and go get it appraised?

Or take it to the store's customer service office and turn it in? After all it could be the ONLY momento a Mom has of her Mother, or Grandmother, or her sister, daughter or her husband before they died.....you just don't know? 

Here is a pic of the ring

What would you do? Keep it or not?

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 8:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• turn it in

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Turn it in!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Turn it in would want someone to do the same if i lost something
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would turn it in! I lost a bracelet once and was SO happy and surprised that someone turned it in. I was so grateful that I vowed I would always do the same for someone else.

Not to mention, I'm the type that feels guilty easily, so it wouldn't be worth the guilt.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would turn it in. Or at least check to see if someone is looking for it. That way if no one comes for it then it would be mine.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i would not necessarily turn it in - but i would go and tell them i found a ring and anyone looking for it can call me to claim it - they would have to describe it to me. i would gladly return it to the rightful owner if anyone came forward. i have seen things get "claimed" by the non-owners before so i know that just turning it in would not necessarily mean the owner getting it back. i would also hang a flyer if there was a public bulletin board, and put an ad in the paper. if no one claimed it after a while then i would figure someone left it in hopes it would be found and used for good.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i would take it to the lost and found and ask them what their policy is on unclaimed things (ie. if it is unclaimed after 90 days, whatever, what happens to it?) if i would get it back after that time i would do a classified ad before deciding to keep it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• For sure turn it in. I actually just read on Craigs List of someone who lost a wedding ring of 42 years this morning while shopping. I would hate if that happened to me. I would like to think someone would turn it in so I would have the chance to find it.
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• you could leave your phone number with the store manager
    ask if someone reported losing A ring-DO NOT SHOW IT, if not, store can call you if someone reports in future
    also you can post in newspaper about lost ring- usually no charge if posting something is found

the manager MAY not be as honest as you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would turn it in. I know how horrible I would feel if I lost one of the rings that I inherited from my g-ma. That's a beautiful ring too. I would hope that the service person was just as honest & the ring made it back to it's rightful owner.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010