I am so proud of my daughter !!!

Almost 2 weeks ago my daughter almost got beat up in school -- of course someone was filming it with their cell phone ( she told me about it, but now I know exactly what happened) ... and now that I have seen that video and I dissapointed with the school ( teacher who had to of heard it start but went out of the room anyways) but so glad my daughter could handle herself and now I do not have to worry ( as much) ..

This is what happened: ( word for word -- I think I ahev watched the video a million times already)

My daughter has been dating this boy since 9th grade ( she is in 11th now), we always thought he was nice, but something about him I just didnt like... Well my daughter found out her cheated on her several times, but she still wanted to be with him after many tears and arguments over it I just let her deal with it ( afraid I would make it worse) ... I was very happy when she finally ended it because he was still with one of the girls that he had cheated on her with.

( this part is what I seen / heard in the video)

They were in math class, my daughter sitting at her desk and the girl 2 rows over, calling my daughter names and throwing pieces of paper at her. My daughter ignroes her and even answers math problems when the teacher asks ( teacher obviosuly ignoring what is going on ) ... then the teacher leaves the room and the other girl anounces " I am going to beat your ass! Are you f*cking going to ignore me now, slut" ... My daugher still "ignores" her and the girl continues " Do you think you are going to f*cking hit me back, bitch?"

My daughter then says " No, I probably won't even hit you back, I am sure it will hurt a little so I will go to the office, get sent home, I will go to the Dr's to get checked out and I will send your parents the bill... Also I am pretty sure fighting will get you kicked out of school for atleast a few days and that will go on your record and can mess with whatever future you have.... so if you really think that some boy that lied to us both is worth all of that, then fine! "

The girl then looked kind of stunned and just said " what the f*ck ever " and turned around and that was it ! ... my daughter said she hasnt messed with her since !

Wouldnt that make you so proud of your 16 year old daughter ? Of course I am still debating wether I should go to the school or not... I mean my daughter did take care of herself but you can tell in the video that the teacher was aware of what was going on and still left the room....one of my daughers friends sent the video to her phone so we can show whoever we have to talk to... What would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I am proud of your daughter, she did the right thing!!! I would still go to the school and show the principal the video. That girl threatened your daughter and needs to be punished for it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Aw! I hope my daughter has the condfidence that your daughter has when she gets to that age ( she is 4 right now ) !!!
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Your dd was awesome but I agree with ty, that other girl threatened your dd and it might not be over yet. Just cause your dd said she wasnt going to get involved here, doesnt mean this other girl is going to back down. A video of the incidient is an amazing tool, so glad you have a copy of it. Hold onto it tight and make copies if you are asked to turn it over.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i give her A+
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• SHe us really a smart girl and so wise to respond that way.
    And really BRAVE! If that happened to ME,I would have been so traumatized. Just the language would have knocked me over!!
    It is scary how some teens behave nowdays, That girl with the potty mouth sounds like a real junior criminal. I bet she will be a failure in life. . WOw.
    Good for your daughter!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• She handled it, I'd leave it alone. She's very grown up and mature, trust her to tell you if she needs additional help from you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would request a meeting with the principal and the teacher at the same time and then show them BOTH the video at the same time-that way the teacher is put on the spot for leaving your daughter in that situation. That was very mature of your daughter and you should be proud!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• She did handle that well, I'm so impressed that she did it maturely! Good for her! Actually, it's considered bullying and most schools now have rules that cover this. Keep the video in case it does happen again. The school should know, but do you really want your daughter to have to put up with more out of the issue? If the other girl is leaving her alone now, that's great. I hope it stays that way.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Wow, good for her! She made that girl look like a giant ass!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• So they are allowed to have phones in the classroom and recording while teaching is going on?
    staceysgorbach

Answer by staceysgorbach at 12:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010