32 weeks pregnant and leaking? adult content

So I think I am leaking amnotic fluid. I normally have a white-ish clear discharge (TMI sorry) and just recently its changed to really watery discharge. It doesn't smell, and it soaks both my underwear and pants. It's pretty consistant throughout the day. How can I tell if it is fluid, and not just discharge?? I am trying to avoid making a trip to L&D unless I am positive this is a serious problem.

Emmalynns_Mommy

Asked by Emmalynns_Mommy at 9:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Got a microscope? amniotic fluid looks like a fern pattern under a microscope...other than that..it's best to go have it physically checked than to risk infection.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You go to the L&D and they can check it with a little test strip. It is important enough to go in tonight.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I have a magnifying glass, would that work?
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Comment by Emmalynns_Mommy (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No, needs to be a microscope. When you place a sample on the slide and let it dry it appears in the pattern of a fern. Be safe not sorry, go have it checked.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Darn. Ok. Off to L&D then. Thank you ladies.
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Comment by Emmalynns_Mommy (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• This happened to me with my son. I started leaking fluids like you are describing and went to the doctor and they sent me straight to the hospital and induced my labor. My son was born 4 weeks early. I would talk to a doctor as soon as possible just incase
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Let us know what you find out!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Could it be you lost your mucus plug ?

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I thought I was leaking with my last pregnancy, but the doctor said it was just urine. Maybe this is a possibility. Urine doesn't HAVE to smell.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well it was just a change in my discharge (Thank god). Emmalynn is fine, and my fluids are still at a normal level. Everything is still intact. I worry so much lately that I hate going into my doctor or L&D. I have been there 4 times this entire pregnancy.
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Comment by Emmalynns_Mommy (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010