I am about 3 1/2 months and my belly is absolutely HUGE. Its ways bigger than anyone I ever knew. People keep saying I must be having twins but the doc only hears one heartbeat. Im already wearing maternity clothes. Anyone out there like me, is this normal, or could it be that I was only about 110 pounds when I got pregnant. Im freakin out that Im gonna have a 15 pound kid!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well they say that thinner people start to show earlier, so that may be it. also i started showing alot earlier with my second child than i did for the first or the third. it was because i had alot of bloating and gas (and constipation problems). once i got that squared away i went back to a 'normal' baby bump lol. maybe it's a combination of both for you.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My friend got her belly pretty early too. She was small as well. That could be it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I didn't show with my son until 20 weeks.... i'm 7 weeks and already the size of what a 15 week girl is......
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I was the same way with my 2nd baby! I was 3 months looking like I was 6 months! Eventually it evened out, she was 7lbs 15ozs at birth
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• it makes sense if youre as small as you say
    BTC_Mama

Answer by BTC_Mama at 10:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• @ BTC_Mama..not really.. cause I wasn't "small" which is why I looked further than I was... lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My first I didn't show until 7 months, but my second I was huge at 3 months! And I'm not small by any means. I didn't gain more than 15 lbs the whole pregnancy, but the baby was 10 lbs 4 oz.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• With my second and current pregnancy i started looking pregnant with a nice 2 month belly at 8 weeks. I am still pretty big but so far this month (6th) it looks like the growth spurt has stopped. It is always a toss up on what your baby will weigh at birth but you could also just have an excess of amnio fluid or gas and constipation as pp said. Good luck.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010